“TOGETHER WE CREATE SUSTAINABLE BUSINESSES”
The iBhayi Small Business Chamber is geared specifically to the needs of small to medium businesses in Port Elizabeth.
Why join iBhayi Small Business Chamber?
The needs of a small to medium enterprise is very different to the needs of big business and corporate companies, so we need a business chamber who understands the unique and sometimes complex challenges that a small business owner has to deal with
As a united group we provide a significantly big voice for small businesses.
We are affiliated to the SBI (Small Business Institute) – formerly known as the AHI (Afrikaanse Handelsinstituut) and through SBI we have a voice to government and big business – see the SBI website to read more: http://www.smallbusinessinstitute.co.za/
Our fee structure is affordable, so even the smallest business has an opportunity to join
Most small businesses need more business to grow and flourish. Full stop. One way to get more business is to network and build business relationships with other small business owners.
This is where iBhayi Small Business Chamber steps in!
* To hold regular network evenings (on a monthly basis)
* To give business owners the opportunity to host a networking evening at their own business premises or a venue of their choice (what a great opportunity to get +/-50 new people into your business in the space of 2 hours). The host is given an opportunity to address the guests and to market his business;
* To hold regular speed-networking events;
From time to time to invite special guests to address our member meetings on topics of general interest to small business owners.
Once you have joined, your business is listed on our member page with a link which pulls through to your website
In short – we put your business in touch with other businesses
To achieve our vision the following objectives have been set:
- to maintain and promote the free market enterprise system for small business;
- to consider all existing and proposed laws affecting or likely to affect commerce or industry and to take such steps and actions in this regard as may be deemed advisable;
- to make representations to any authorities on any matter affecting commerce and industry;
- to promote and develop import and export trade between the Republic of South Africa and any other country;
- to share statistics and other information relating to any of the matters which may be of benefit to members;
- to promote the conduct of business by the members in accordance with accepted ethical and moral standards;
- generally to assist the members and to promote their interests;
- to raise funds by subscription or any other lawful means;
- to participate in the activities of Chambers and Associations created for similar purposes and to undertake projects desired to further these interests in the local community;
- to function as an Association not for gain.
- the promotion of small business within the business community of the area of operation (Port Elizabeth).
We endeavor to achieve these objectives through organised functions and events.
To become a member, complete the below application form.
Please refer to our Membership Policy and Member Benefits for more information.